Sunday, January 1, 2012

Elon Winter Term, January 2012

Dearest family and friends...

I realize my blog has been inactive for almost two years. Time flies. I'm not going to apologize nor am I pursuing a career in blogging anytime soon. I will save that for my adventurous wordsmith of a brother, @bagdaddy (www.bagdaddy.blogspot.com). However, I feel compelled to begin again and maintain posts for the next few weeks at least.

WHY?
I am about to embark on a three-week study abroad experience to Dubai and India as a co-leader. Our group of 30 will depart January 3rd and return January 24. The course is called "Business and Culture of the Indo-Gulf" and the students will be blogging daily http://elon2012indogulf.wordpress.com/about/

5 REASONS TO READ MY BLOG DURING JANUARY:

1. Substitute reading my blog for "losing weight" as your new years resolution.
2. This is my first overseas excursion. Yes, I am serious.
3. Who doesn't want to read stories from a three-week journey with 28 students, one faculty member and me in a country where we shouldn't drink the water?
4. Pictures.
5. I will turn 29 while riding an elephant in Jaipur.

Time Zones
Dubai - 9 hours ahead of EST
India - 10.5 hours ahead of EST (Perhaps I will figure out why the .5)

Basic Itinerary

January 3 : Fly to JFK then to Dubai (12 hour flight from JFK to Dubai)
January 4-8 : Dubai
January 8-24 : India (Delhi, Agra, Jaipur, Ahmedabad, Bhavnagar, Mumbai)

I am praying my outlet adapter works in India so I can charge my computer and actually post every now and then. Stay tuned and wish me an amazing adventure with many tall and genuine tales.

Love always,
ST

2 comments:

  1. Will be following this journey the whole way - lookout DUBAI and INDIA!!! HS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it, Thomas! Will check in often!

    ReplyDelete